It’s that time of year when we swap smoothies and salads for soup and crockpot dishes. This simple and nourishing pumpkin soup is a great way to top up your immune system and stay warm as the weather gets cooler. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 4+)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 3 cups water
- ½ large pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chilli, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add water, pumpkin, herbs and spices. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired.